Oil on linen
40" x 50"
© 2006

Adam age 15

When Adam was 12, he and some friends were making a paintball fort in the woods near his house. It was early evening when they started a fire. A friend put gasoline in his shovel and lit it. Somehow the gas can exploded and splashed all over Adam, setting him on fire.. Adam ran to his house where his father doused the flames in the bath tub. A medi-vac helicopter took him to the burn unit where he was put in a morphine induced coma for 3 weeks and had three operations. Showing compassion for others, Adam often grows his hair long , cuts it and donates to cancer patients and others who lost theirs.